Community Living Interlake
People. Programs. Personal Growth.
At Community Living Interlake we support Individuals who live with Intellectual Disabilities. We work with them to provide housing, day programs and employment training and we assist them in leading meaningful lives in a fully integrated community. We operate 6 houses and several apartments in Stonewall, provide a day program service, and we work with our clients to operate a social enterprise called Something Beautiful. Something Beautiful includes a gift shop, a lunch/coffee shop, and a venue for music.
The Association for Community Living Interlake Branch recognizes the value of every person and believes that people living with an intellectual disability are individuals; each of whom has rights as community members.
Community Living Interlake is a non-profit organization dedicated to supporting individuals, living with an intellectual disability, to live a fully inclusive life as members of the community.
- CLI clients are individuals and have a right to be treated with respect and dignity.
- CLI support for people living with intellectual disabilities is person centered and holistic.
- CLI clients have a right to actively and independently participate in the community
- CLI programs and support should promote self-esteem and personal growth
- Community Living Interlake objectives are to:
- Provide Housing and community residence living
- Provide employment training, job skills development and job placement
- Protect individual choice, independence, meaningful activity and life skills education
- Demonstrate industry best practices, reflective of current research
- Ensure staff are qualified and have the resources to work at the highest standards
- Promote full inclusion of people living with intellectual disabilities
- Promote awareness of the programs, services and value of CLI to the broader community
Board of Directors
Chair Brandy Dobson
Vice chair Ila Buchanan
Treasurer Heidi Thomas