COMMUNITY LIVING INTERLAKE
Supporting an Inclusive Community
At Community Living Interlake we support adults who live with Intellectual Disabilities. We work with them to provide housing, day programs and employment training and we assist them in leading meaningful lives in a fully integrated community. We operate 6 houses and several apartments in Stonewall, provide a day program service, and we work with our clients to operate a social enterprise called Something Beautiful. Something Beautiful includes a gift shop, a lunch/coffee shop, and a venue for music.
Shop & Create A Better Community
We are also proud to say that when you shop at Something Beautiful you are also contributing to creating a better community. Many of the people we support are learning new job skills and building resumes through their work in Something Beautiful, skills that will one day lead them to employment in other community stores.
307 Main St, Stonewall, MB R0C 2Z0
The Association for Community Living Interlake Branch recognizes the value of every person and believes that people living with an intellectual disability are individuals; each of whom has rights as community members.
Community Living Interlake is a non-profit organization dedicated to supporting individuals, living with an intellectual disability, to live a fully inclusive life as members of the community.
- CLI clients are individuals and have a right to be treated with respect and dignity.
- CLI support for people living with intellectual disabilities is person centered and holistic.
- CLI clients have a right to actively and independently participate in the community
- CLI programs and support should promote self-esteem and personal growth
- Community Living Interlake objectives are to:
- Provide Housing and community residence living
- Provide employment training, job skills development and job placement
- Protect individual choice, independence, meaningful activity and life skills education
- Demonstrate industry best practices, reflective of current research
- Ensure staff are qualified and have the resources to work at the highest standards
- Promote full inclusion of people living with intellectual disabilities
- Promote awareness of the programs, services and value of CLI to the broader community
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Chair Ila Buchanan
Treasurer Heidi Thomas